Privacy and Cookie statement
Brande & Verheij LLP (Brande & Verheij, we, us) is a law firm which collects, holds, discloses and/or otherwise processes personal data. Brande & Verheij acts as data controller under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the related applicable legal provisions. We value the right to privacy and strive to protect personal data we collect and use in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation.
This Privacy and cookie statement (Statement) applies to all personal data that are processed by or on behalf of us when you make use of our services, visit our events, visit our website or otherwise communicate or are on contact with us.
We may need to amend this Statement from time to time. The most recent version of this Statement is available on our website www.brandeverheij.com.
In this Statement we will elaborate on what personal data we collect, how we collect personal data and for what purpose we use it, and to whom we disclose personal data. Furthermore, we will inform you of your rights with respect to us processing your personal data in this Statement. In this Statement we explain:
- What personal data we collect and how;
- For what purposes and on which grounds we process your personal data;
- Who we share your personal data with;
- How long we keep your personal data;
- How your personal data is protected;
- The rights you have as data subject;
- How you can contact us.
What personal data do we collect and how?
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. The personal data we process includes basic information (such as your name, title, position and the company you work for), contact details, data necessary for processing invoices, data related to your visit to our website, personal data that we need for compliance purposes and any other personal data you may provide us with.
We obtain your personal data when you provide it to us or when you interact with us directly (by email, telephone or letter), but also when you enter into an agreement with us, when you visit our website or otherwise use our services or when we collect personal data from other sources.
For what purposes and on which grounds do we collect personal data?
We may process your personal data to provide our legal services, to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, for marketing activities, for events we organise, to handle job applications or to generate statistics regarding the use of our website.
Your personal data is processed by us for one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Your consent;
- Performance of a contract (e.g., for rendering the legal services you engaged us for);
- Compliance with a legal obligation (e.g., our obligation to identify our clients); or
- Legitimate interest (e.g., collection of data relating to other persons than our clients to establish, exercise or defend our clients’ legal rights).
Who do we share your personal information with?
As we value your privacy, we normally do not share your personal data with others. However, under circumstances it might be necessary to share your personal data. We may for example have to share your personal data with other parties in the context of litigation. Sometimes, we are required by law to provide your personal information to other third parties, such as supervisory authorities.
We will only share your personal data to third parties for the purposes and on the legal ground stated in this Statement. If we transfer your personal data to third parties, those third parties are themselves responsible for the further processing of personal data in compliance with privacy legislation.
In order to be able to provide our services, Brande & Verheij may need to transfer your personal data to a recipient outside of the European Economic Area. Brande & Verheij will ensure that such data transfer is compliant with the applicable legislation.
Brande & Verheij will not store your personal data any longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes stated in this Statement or to comply with the relevant laws and regulations.
At Brande & Verheij, we understand that it is essential that the confidentiality and integrity of our client’s information is preserved at all times. Therefore, Brande & Verheij has taken technical and organisational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security to protect your personal data from unauthorised or unlawful processing and from loss or disclosure.
What are your rights?
The GDPR and other applicable laws provide for certain rights for data subjects. You, as a data subject, specifically have the following legal rights:
- Right to access your personal data;
- Right to rectification or correction of your personal data;
- Right to erasure of your personal data;
- Right to object or to request restriction of processing of your personal data;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to object to profiling;
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- Right to withdraw your consent for the future to the extent that the processing of your personal data takes place on the basis of your consent.
If you wish to use one of these options, you can let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) at all times.
- Necessary cookies: these cookies support our website’s basic functionality. For example, we use a cookie to remember your cookies setting.
We note that the functioning of our website is not influenced by your decision to accept or refuse the use of cookie.
Should you require any further information or have any questions or complaints regarding the processing of personal data at Brande & Verheij, please contact us at email@example.com.